Medical mistakes can happen. In fact, every year thousands of Americans are injured or die due to mistakes made by a doctor, hospital or medical care facility. Medical malpractice may occur for a number of reasons and when it does you need help from a qualified Anaheim lawyer. Your attorney will review your case, answer your questions and determine your options.
We trust that our doctor or hospital will always provide us with high quality care. Sometimes, however, that isn’t the case. In some situations the very medical care we trust ends up harming us or someone we love. Doctors and other medical professionals are held to a high standard of care. They know that an error or poor decision could hurt a patient. If a doctor makes an error it might be considered negligence. If so, the doctor may be liable for any damages that result.
When a surgeon leaves an implement in a patient, when a baby suffers lack of oxygen during birth, when an elderly patient gets an infection from a bedsore or when a patient falls due to lack of supervision may all be types of medical negligence. Many types of injuries can occur due to medical negligence, some of them serious. An Anaheim lawyer will review your case to determine how to proceed.
Injuries and Damages
You may suffer severe injuries and damages due to medical malpractice. Your attorney will help gather the information and documentation necessary to prove your case. Medical records and expert testimony may be helpful to show that your injuries were caused by a medical mistake. You could be entitled to compensation to cover your medical expenses, money for pain and suffering and other damages. The law limits the time to file a claim so it is essential to talk to an Anaheim lawyer as soon as possible.
Many medical malpractice cases are resolved through negotiation between your attorney and the insurance company. Often, a settlement can be reached because the doctor’s insurance provider may prefer not to take the matter to court. However, if an adequate settlement cannot be reached, the case will proceed to court. Your Anaheim lawyer will prepare your case and represent you throughout the case. In court the judge or jury will listen to testimony and examine evidence before making a decision. If a case must go to court the process will take longer but you are likely to obtain the money you need to pay all of the associated expenses.
Medical malpractice occurs all too often. When it does, you need to seek the money you deserve. You should not have to suffer financially, physically or mentally for a doctor’s negligence. If you or a loved one were injured no legal action can change that. However, you can obtain the money you need to cover your damages. If an injury is disabling, you could require extensive and lengthy medical care and may not be able to return to work. Contact the experienced legal team at Doyle Schafer McMahon or visit us online at DSMllp.com today to schedule a consultation.
View Larger Map
- What Is a Search Warrant and What Are Your Rights?
- The Difference Between Reasonable Suspicion and Probable Cause
- Making the Best Impression: Do’s and Don’ts for Child Custody Disputes
- Mitigating Medical Malpractice Risks
- What Are Health Providers’ Obligations Under HIPAA?
- How to Write an Internet Usage Policy
- Misplaced Frustrations and Malpractice. Defending Healthcare Professionals
- 4 Top Areas Your Divorce Proceedings Will Impact
- 5 Tips For Getting Through A Divorce With A Positive Outcome In Court
- A Proven HIPAA Lawyer Malpractice Defense
- Accused of Dental Malpractice? Doyle, Schafer, McMahon LLP Provides Comprehensive Defense Services
- Anaheim Lawyer
- Attorney In Irvine
- California Dental Malpractice Defense Lawyers
- Contact Us
- Defending Doctors, Nurses, Health Care Professionals
- Dental Malpractice Defense Lawyers Repair Your Reputation
- Divorce And Child Support Lawyers
- Doyle, Schafer, McMahon LLP Provides Top-Quality Medical Malpractice Defense Services
- Employer Representation Lawyers
- Employer Representation Lawyers In Orange County
- Finding The Right Divorce Attorney
- Get Answers to Your Tough Divorce Questions at Doyle, Schafer, McMahon, LLP
- Have You Been Charged with a DUI? Call Doyle Schafer McMahon, LLP for Help Now
- HIPAA Lawyer Medical License Defense Attorneys
- Hire A Dental License Defense Attorney
- How Doyle Schafer McMahon, LLP Helps Small Businesses Grow
- How Much To Hire A DUI Attorney In Irvine, CA
- Huntington Beach Attorney
- Irvine DUI Attorney
- Is Your Business Vulnerable to Litigation? Prevent Future Law Suits with Legal Help From Doyle, Schafer, McMahon LLP
- Malpractice Case Starts With Having The Right Attorney On Your Side
- Medical License Defense Attorneys
- Navigate the Divorce Process With Confidence—Find Legal Help at Doyle, Schafer, McMahon LLP
- Our Firm
- Practice Areas
- Protect Your Business and Your Good Name With Professional Liability Defense From Doyle, Schafer, McMahon LLP
- Protect Your Business From Employee Litigation
- Retain a Top-Quality DUI Defense Attorney at Doyle, Schafer, McMahon LLP
- Take Frivolous Malpractice Claims Head On With an Experienced Defense Team
- Test url
- Tustin Legal Representation
- What to Do When Frivolous Business Lawsuit Strikes
- Why You Need Legal Help to Safeguard Your Business and Staff
- Will the Affordable Care Act Drive Up Malpractice Accusation Rates? Safeguard Your Reputation With Help from Doyle, Schafer, McMahon, LLP