The decision to divorce is never an easy one. When you have made the difficult choice to end your marriage you probably have many questions and concerns. You need help from a Huntington Beach attorney. There are a number of serious issues that must be resolved when you dissolve your marriage. These include child custody and support, property division and spousal support among others.
Divorce in California
In California a divorce is known as dissolution of marriage. Couples may divorce based on irreconcilable differences. This means that neither party is at fault for ending the marriage but they simply can no longer get along and cannot live as husband and wife. In California, property that was accumulated during the marriage is considered community property. Generally, property and assets that were acquired while you were married is to be distributed equally between spouses in a divorce. Couples are allowed to come to an agreement as to the distribution of property and if so, the court will usually agree.
Spousal support is not always provided to a party in a California divorce. There are two types of support, also known as alimony. These include temporary and permanent support. The type of support, amount and length of time depends on a variety of factors. For example, temporary support may be provided to a spouse while he or she is able to return to the workforce. Permanent support is provided when one party has not worked or is unable to work and must be supported by the other. Support may be provided in a lump sum or in payments. A Huntington Beach attorney is available to answer your questions and assist you in the divorce process.
Children and Divorce
The most important decisions in a divorce are often about the children. Decisions must be made as to where the children will reside, how visitation will occur and how child support is paid. As parents you want to make decisions that are best for your children. The courts agree. They also want to make sure that the decisions made for the children are in their best interest. When parents cannot come to a decision about their children the court will make the decisions for them.
It is usually best for you and your spouse to try to work out the details of child custody, support and visitation. Your Huntington Beach attorney will assist you in negotiating the settlement terms so that you can provide the best solutions for your children.
How a Huntington Beach Attorney Will Help
Going through a divorce is not always easy. Complications can arise that make it difficult to resolve problems. Disputes can often be resolved with help from your lawyer. Your attorney will assist in creating a settlement agreement that addresses all of your concerns and will always work to protect your rights. Doyle Schafer McMahon is an experienced law firm located in the Huntington Beach area. Contact DSMllp.com today to learn more about our legal services and to schedule an appointment.
View Larger Map
- What Is a Search Warrant and What Are Your Rights?
- The Difference Between Reasonable Suspicion and Probable Cause
- Making the Best Impression: Do’s and Don’ts for Child Custody Disputes
- Mitigating Medical Malpractice Risks
- What Are Health Providers’ Obligations Under HIPAA?
- How to Write an Internet Usage Policy
- Misplaced Frustrations and Malpractice. Defending Healthcare Professionals
- 4 Top Areas Your Divorce Proceedings Will Impact
- 5 Tips For Getting Through A Divorce With A Positive Outcome In Court
- A Proven HIPAA Lawyer Malpractice Defense
- Accused of Dental Malpractice? Doyle, Schafer, McMahon LLP Provides Comprehensive Defense Services
- Anaheim Lawyer
- Attorney In Irvine
- California Dental Malpractice Defense Lawyers
- Contact Us
- Defending Doctors, Nurses, Health Care Professionals
- Dental Malpractice Defense Lawyers Repair Your Reputation
- Divorce And Child Support Lawyers
- Doyle, Schafer, McMahon LLP Provides Top-Quality Medical Malpractice Defense Services
- Employer Representation Lawyers
- Employer Representation Lawyers In Orange County
- Finding The Right Divorce Attorney
- Get Answers to Your Tough Divorce Questions at Doyle, Schafer, McMahon, LLP
- Have You Been Charged with a DUI? Call Doyle Schafer McMahon, LLP for Help Now
- HIPAA Lawyer Medical License Defense Attorneys
- Hire A Dental License Defense Attorney
- How Doyle Schafer McMahon, LLP Helps Small Businesses Grow
- How Much To Hire A DUI Attorney In Irvine, CA
- Huntington Beach Attorney
- Irvine DUI Attorney
- Is Your Business Vulnerable to Litigation? Prevent Future Law Suits with Legal Help From Doyle, Schafer, McMahon LLP
- Malpractice Case Starts With Having The Right Attorney On Your Side
- Medical License Defense Attorneys
- Navigate the Divorce Process With Confidence—Find Legal Help at Doyle, Schafer, McMahon LLP
- Our Firm
- Practice Areas
- Protect Your Business and Your Good Name With Professional Liability Defense From Doyle, Schafer, McMahon LLP
- Protect Your Business From Employee Litigation
- Retain a Top-Quality DUI Defense Attorney at Doyle, Schafer, McMahon LLP
- Take Frivolous Malpractice Claims Head On With an Experienced Defense Team
- Test url
- Tustin Legal Representation
- What to Do When Frivolous Business Lawsuit Strikes
- Why You Need Legal Help to Safeguard Your Business and Staff
- Will the Affordable Care Act Drive Up Malpractice Accusation Rates? Safeguard Your Reputation With Help from Doyle, Schafer, McMahon, LLP