Top Causes of Malpractice—What You Need to Know to Protect Your Reputation
Malpractice claims are perhaps one of the worst situations that doctors and nurses can face. They represent costly battles, harm to reputations, and they sour the way that they see patient interactions. After all, after a career of trying to help and heal, a frivolous accusation damages the way health care providers feel about both themselves and their patients. At Doyle Schafer McMahon, LLP, we specialize in the representation of doctors, and we understand how stressful malpractice claims can be. We also understand that prevention is always the best medicine, and whatever your specialty, you can benefit from knowing the top causes of malpractice claims:
- Missed or delayed diagnosis. This by far is one the most prevalent malpractice claims, and are based on the question of whether a reasonable and competent doctor would have made the same mistake under the same circumstances. These cases can also be defended on the principle that the patient failed to disclose symptoms, history, or other relevant information that would have altered the physician’s course of action.
- Childbirth injuries. The old adage is true—Obstetricians often pay the most for malpractice insurance. However, the good news is that these cases again go back to the doctor’s competence, meaning some issues are easily proved to be unavoidable or that they would have occurred under any qualified doctor’s care.
- Surgical errors. These can have a variety of causes, including both anesthesia and post-op care. These cases truly require a thorough examination from start to finish to determine if or when the issue occurred. With so many people involved in a surgical case, you need an experienced attorney who specializes in defending nurses and health care professionals. The right attorney will know everywhere to look when examining the strength of the case.
- Medication errors. These issues usually have one of three causes: the patient was miss-prescribed or over-prescribed, someone failed to administer medication correctly, or something was missing from the patient’s history that contributed to the error. Again, an experienced attorney can help uncover every stone.
Our team of medical license defense attorneys knows just how frustrating malpractice claims can be.
Whether you are looking into prevention methods or need representation, contact us at (949) 727-7077 for a consultation. Let us help you preserve your career so that you can continue to make a difference for the patients who need you most.
- What Is a Search Warrant and What Are Your Rights?
- The Difference Between Reasonable Suspicion and Probable Cause
- Making the Best Impression: Do’s and Don’ts for Child Custody Disputes
- Mitigating Medical Malpractice Risks
- What Are Health Providers’ Obligations Under HIPAA?
- How to Write an Internet Usage Policy
- Misplaced Frustrations and Malpractice. Defending Healthcare Professionals
- 4 Top Areas Your Divorce Proceedings Will Impact
- 5 Tips For Getting Through A Divorce With A Positive Outcome In Court
- A Proven HIPAA Lawyer Malpractice Defense
- Accused of Dental Malpractice? Doyle, Schafer, McMahon LLP Provides Comprehensive Defense Services
- Anaheim Lawyer
- Attorney In Irvine
- California Dental Malpractice Defense Lawyers
- Contact Us
- Defending Doctors, Nurses, Health Care Professionals
- Dental Malpractice Defense Lawyers Repair Your Reputation
- Divorce And Child Support Lawyers
- Doyle, Schafer, McMahon LLP Provides Top-Quality Medical Malpractice Defense Services
- Employer Representation Lawyers
- Employer Representation Lawyers In Orange County
- Finding The Right Divorce Attorney
- Get Answers to Your Tough Divorce Questions at Doyle, Schafer, McMahon, LLP
- Have You Been Charged with a DUI? Call Doyle Schafer McMahon, LLP for Help Now
- HIPAA Lawyer Medical License Defense Attorneys
- Hire A Dental License Defense Attorney
- How Doyle Schafer McMahon, LLP Helps Small Businesses Grow
- How Much To Hire A DUI Attorney In Irvine, CA
- Huntington Beach Attorney
- Irvine DUI Attorney
- Is Your Business Vulnerable to Litigation? Prevent Future Law Suits with Legal Help From Doyle, Schafer, McMahon LLP
- Malpractice Case Starts With Having The Right Attorney On Your Side
- Medical License Defense Attorneys
- Navigate the Divorce Process With Confidence—Find Legal Help at Doyle, Schafer, McMahon LLP
- Our Firm
- Practice Areas
- Protect Your Business and Your Good Name With Professional Liability Defense From Doyle, Schafer, McMahon LLP
- Protect Your Business From Employee Litigation
- Retain a Top-Quality DUI Defense Attorney at Doyle, Schafer, McMahon LLP
- Take Frivolous Malpractice Claims Head On With an Experienced Defense Team
- Test url
- Tustin Legal Representation
- What to Do When Frivolous Business Lawsuit Strikes
- Why You Need Legal Help to Safeguard Your Business and Staff
- Will the Affordable Care Act Drive Up Malpractice Accusation Rates? Safeguard Your Reputation With Help from Doyle, Schafer, McMahon, LLP